Boosting Your Sales on Social Media
For all Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Businesses
A great opportunity to get up to date with all the latest tips and techniques for using the main social media platforms to reach new audiences, boosting your sales – and helping you stay one jump ahead of the competition in 2020!
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am. Lunch will be provided at 12.45pm.
Members of Welcome to Yorkshire, SCR Hospitality and LHVA – Special Prices!
We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £95 +vat, per person, is available to members of Welcome to Yorkshire, SCR Hospitality and businesses working with Marketing Sheffield. This special rate is also offered to members of Visit York, Leeds Hotels and Venues Association and Discover Yorkshire Coast.
Our normal price:
Our normal price for attending this course is £135 +vat.
The price you pay includes the day’s course with your programme leader David Allen, a support pack of information to take away and lunch and refreshments at the Copthorne Hotel Sheffield during the day.
10.30am Welcome and introduction
Building sales on Facebook
- Boosting traffic and sales
- Using Custom Audiences, Lookalike Audiences
- Special promotions and competitions
- The return on your investment
Reaching your audience on Twitter
- Using Twitter Ads
- Your objectives – your campaign
- Targeting the right audience
- Setting a budget
12.45pm Lunch break
Instagram for business
- Advertising on Instagram
- Using Facebook Business Manager
- Competitions and promotions
- Best practice examples
Using Pinterest for maximum effect
- The benefits of Pinterest for a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Growing your audience
- Selling on Pinterest
- Contests and competitions
- Using Google Ads
- Google My Business, Local Finder
- Integrating other Google services
- Setting up a company page
- Attracting followers
- Posting company updates
- Driving engagement and sales
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
***For further information please refer to our Booking Policy.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Owners or managers of tourism, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Sales and marketing executives or managers – directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Those responsible for using social media and online marketing to promote their business
- Those who may already be using social media well for the business, but who want to take it to the next level – building brand, engagement, reputation, sales and ‘bookability’
- Please note – all delegates must be directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business, or own a tourism, hospitality or leisure business (where the core function is the provision of food, drink, accommodation, travel or leisure services)
Who is this course not for
- Those who have no control over their business presence online
- Anyone not directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Complete beginners – anyone who has no experience of social media
- Those who may be ‘good at social media’, but have little or no responsibility for decision-making or sales improvement in the business
- Anyone whose social media activities are managed by an external head office or marketing agency – or who does not have the authority to implement new ideas or make changes to content
- Marketing, sales or social media consultants, trainers or agencies
Your Course Leader - David Allen
David has been training and coaching managers, business owners and their teams in the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector for over 25 years.
His specialisms include sales - particularly online sales and marketing, social media, making tourism businesses 'more bookable', reputation management, revenue generation across the business, budgeting, forecasting, cost control, customer service, product standards and team development.
David has a very strong track record and reputation, working with Tourism Growth in Yorkshire and around the UK, for helping business owners and managers to drive up sales, productivity and profits.
Hugely popular, David brings great energy to his courses, and is dedicated to ensuring that delegates leave with a wide selection of hints, tips, tools and techniques to use back in their businesses.