For Tourism Businesses – at a Special Subsidised Rate
A great opportunity to get up to date with all the latest tips and techniques for using the main social media platforms to reach new audiences, boosting your sales …
… and for helping you stay one jump ahead of the competition in 2018 – and 2019!
This course is now Sold Out – Waiting List in operation
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
Special Price – Please Apply Now
We’re delighted to confirm that a preferential, subsidised delegate rate for this course of just £20 + vat is available to tourism businesses.
Please apply now – only a selected number of places is available at this rate!
Our normal price for attending this course is £133 + vat.
Please see more details on how to apply to Welcome to Yorkshire for a place on this course in the ‘Booking Instructions’ section, below.
10.30am Welcome and introduction
Building sales on Facebook
- Boosting traffic and sales
- Using Custom Audiences, Lookalike Audiences
- Special promotions and competitions
- The return on your investment
Reaching your audience on Twitter
- Using Twitter Ads
- Your objectives – your campaign
- Targeting the right audience
- Setting a budget
12.45pm Lunch break
Instagram for business
- Advertising on Instagram
- Using Facebook Business Manager
- Competitions and promotions
- Best practice examples
Using Pinterest for maximum effect
- The benefits of Pinterest for a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Growing your audience
- Selling on Pinterest
- Contests and competitions
- The importance of having a G+ account
- Using Google Ads
- Google My Business, Local Finder
- Integrating other Google services
- Setting up a company page
- Attracting followers
- Posting company updates
- Driving engagement and sales
Welcome to Yorkshire and Tourism Growth are offering this course as part of the Cycle England Initiative – for Yorkshire tourism businesses who either attract the leisure cycling market now, or would like to in the future – and/or are close to (within 15 miles of) one of the Cycle England Yorkshire routes*. Funding to subsidise delegates attending is provided by Visit England’s Discover England Fund.
How to Book
Spaces on this course are strictly limited and one place per business may be booked.
There’s a quick, two-stage booking process:
Step 1 – Apply to Welcome to Yorkshire
- You should be attracting the leisure cycling market now, or wish to in the future, and/or
- Your tourism business should be close to (within 15 miles of) one of the Cycle England Yorkshire routes*.
Please apply using the online form at the link here: Apply to Welcome to Yorkshire for a Place on the Course.
Step 2 – Book Your Place
Once you’ve applied, Welcome to Yorkshire will reply to you by 21st September, confirm whether you’re eligible – and if you are, complete your booking with you. Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
More information is available on the online application form, and on the Welcome to Yorkshire information sheet here.
*The Cycle England Yorkshire Routes are:
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Owners or managers of tourism, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Sales and marketing executives or managers – directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Those responsible for using social media and online marketing to promote their business
- Those who may already be using social media well for the business, but who want to take it to the next level – building brand, engagement, reputation, sales and ‘bookability’
- Please note – all delegates must be directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business, or own a tourism, hospitality or leisure business (where the core function is the provision of food, drink, accommodation, travel or leisure services)
Who is this course not for
- Those who have no control over their business presence online
- Anyone not directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Complete beginners – anyone who has no experience of social media
- Those who may be ‘good at social media’, but have little or no responsibility for decision-making or sales improvement in the business
- Anyone whose social media activities are managed by an external head office or marketing agency – or who does not have the authority to implement new ideas or make changes to content
- Marketing, sales or social media consultants, trainers or agencies
Your Course Leader - David Allen
David has been training and coaching managers, business owners and their teams in the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector for over 25 years.
His specialisms include sales - particularly online sales and marketing, making tourism businesses 'more bookable', social media, reputation management, revenue generation across the business, budgeting, forecasting, cost control, customer service, product standards and team development.
David has a very strong track record and reputation, working with Tourism Growth in Yorkshire and around the UK, for helping business owners and managers to drive up sales, productivity and profits.
Hugely popular, David brings great energy to his courses, and is dedicated to ensuring that delegates leave with a wide selection of hints, tips, tools and techniques to use back in their businesses.