Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Specifically for Hotels
Discover a number of easy, practical ways to increase the productivity and performance of your hospitality business.
Learn how some simple but effective techniques can lead to a welcome improvement in daily operations and a rewarding increase in annual profits.
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
Visit Cornwall Members – Special Prices!
Visit Cornwall members:
We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £93 +vat, per person per course, is available to members of Visit Cornwall. That’s a saving of £40!
Our normal price:
Our normal price for attending this course is £133 +vat.
Introduction to the programme
- The increasing costs of operating today …
- … and the potential impact on the business bottom-line
- The real need to build profit – to re-invest in your business
Let’s focus on costs
- The relationship between revenue and costs
- Breaking down the costs – industry standards and best practice
- The principles of wage costing
- Developing a financial plan – it’s much more important now
Building sales revenue
- Building revenue across the business
- Managing online travel agents
- Increasing direct bookings
- Your average room rate
- Achieving maximum potential profit for your business
12.45pm Lunch break
Reaching new customers
- Using social media – the latest tips for 2018
- Managing your reputation on review sites
- Having an effective website
- Menu costing and the sales mix
- ‘Flash’ food and beverage cost control
- Up selling for increased spend per head
- Identifying your USPs
How you operate – tips and techniques
- Knowing your customers – who they are, what they’ll spend
- Meeting your guests’ needs, wants and expectations
- Making your action plan ‘SMART’
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at email@example.com or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Owners and managers of hotels and other accommodation businesses – with a food and beverage operation
- In particular, those people responsible for the financial performance of the business – or a cost centre within the business
- Those looking to find out ways of maximising their revenue – and of managing their costs more effectively
- Those who want to deliver improved profits – and involve their key people in the process
Who is this course not for
- Those who are happy with the current performance of their business – and see little or no opportunities for improving their business bottom-line, now or in the future
- Those who want to keep 100% control of the business to themselves and, for whatever reason, may be averse to using quality procedures and controls
- Those with no say or influence on improving the financial performance of the business
Your Course Leader - David Allen
David has been training and coaching managers, business owners and their teams in the hospitality, tourism and leisure sector for over 25 years.
His specialisms include financial management - budgeting, forecasting and cost control - sales, revenue generation across the business, marketing, social media, online reputation management, customer service, product standards and team development.
Dave has a very strong track record and reputation, working with Tourism Growth around the UK, for helping business owners and managers to drive up revenue, productivity and profits.
Hugely popular, Dave brings great energy to his courses, and is dedicated to ensuring that delegates leave with a wide selection of hints, tips, tools and techniques to use back in their businesses.