North Bovey, Devon
Coaching and Mentoring for Performance
For Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure Businesses
Today, more than ever, talent for your business is hard to find – and even harder to keep! Evidence shows that coaching and mentoring can help you improve employee retention – because individuals who are growing and developing on the job are less likely to leave. Developing your team through coaching and mentoring enhances their skills, knowledge and performance – and makes them more accountable for achieving their goals.
This one-day interactive workshop will develop your coaching and mentoring skills to help you become the kind of leader who enables great performance from their team – ensuring they deliver the service quality to your customers that your business demands.
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
Visit Devon Members – Special Prices!
Visit Devon members:
We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £145 +vat, per person per course, is available to members of Visit Devon. That’s a saving of £50 + vat!
This rate also applies to members of Devon Area Tourism Partnerships and Visit Exeter.
Our normal price:
Our normal price for attending this course is £195 +vat.
10.30am Welcome and introductions
- Overview of the day
- Your personal objectives
Introduction to coaching and mentoring
- What is coaching and mentoring?
- Mentoring concepts
- Mentoring functions
- Differences between coaching and mentoring
The core skills for coaching
- Identifying your leadership attitude to coaching
- Different strokes for different folks
- Defining the outcomes
12.45pm Lunch break
Coaching for performance
- What performance means
- Understanding the context
- Understanding underperformance and why it happens
- Coaching underperformers to raise their game
- Defining and measuring performance
- The CRAFT of coaching
- Using coaching questions effectively
- Listening skills
- Attentive and active listening
- Active listening
- Responding and giving feedback
- Building trust and credibility
- The GROW model
Putting it into action
- Individual, team and organisational performance
- Developing a coaching culture
- Personal action plans
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Managers employed within the hospitality, tourism and leisure sector – who are directly responsible for managing teams, and their performance within the business
- Managers who want to develop their coaching and mentoring skills, build their confidence and achieve better results through others
- Managers who may be great at most aspects of their job – but just need some help in getting their team to really shine!
Who is this course not for
- Those who work for a business or organisation whose core function does not involve the sales or provision of food, drink, accommodation, travel or leisure related products and services
- Those who may be interested in coaching – but have little or no responsibility for managing others, now or in the future
- Those who are happy with the performance of their managers and teams, and see little opportunity for improvement
Your Course Leader - Dr Hilary Cooke
Hilary is a passionate, experienced and renowned facilitator and developer of people and organisations - and has spent all her career in the hospitality and tourism industry.
A combination of strategy, psychology and business experience helps her to lead individuals, teams and organisations to develop their key strengths - and to really perform and sparkle!
An NLP Master Practitioner, and one of only 12 Master Facilitators of FIRO Theory in the UK, Hilary holds a PhD in Personnel and Development and MA in Human Resource Strategy, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality.
A highly skilled group facilitator, experienced trainer and executive coach, Hilary is Director for the award-winning Master Innholders Aspiring Leaders Diploma programme, and is approved to deliver awards for the Institute of Leadership and Management - the UK's leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications.