Coaching and Mentoring for Performance
For Tourism, Hospitality & Leisure Businesses
Today, more than ever, talent for your business is hard to find – and even harder to keep! Evidence shows that coaching and mentoring can help you improve employee retention – because individuals who are growing and developing on the job are less likely to leave. Developing your team through coaching and mentoring enhances their skills, knowledge and performance – and makes them more accountable for achieving their goals.
This one-day interactive workshop will develop your coaching and mentoring skills to help you become the kind of leader who enables great performance from their team – ensuring they deliver the service quality to your customers that your business demands.
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
This course in Liverpool is now sold out. Please contact us if you would like us to add you to the waiting list.
Number of people currently on waiting list: 1
Manchester Course, 14th March
We are also running the course at the DoubleTree by Hilton Manchester Piccadilly on 14th March – the Visit Liverpool member discount (see below) is also available there.
Places are still currently available in Manchester – please click here to Register for Manchester.
Visit Liverpool Members – Special Prices!
Visit Liverpool members:
We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £145 +vat, per person per course, is available to members of Visit Liverpool. That’s a saving of £50!
Our normal price:
Our normal price for attending this course is £195 +vat.
10.30am Welcome and introductions
- Overview of the day
- Your personal objectives
Introduction to coaching and mentoring
- What is coaching and mentoring?
- Mentoring concepts
- Mentoring functions
- Differences between coaching and mentoring
The core skills for coaching
- Identifying your leadership attitude to coaching
- Different strokes for different folks
- Defining the outcomes
12.45pm Lunch break
Coaching for performance
- What performance means
- Understanding the context
- Understanding underperformance and why it happens
- Coaching underperformers to raise their game
- Defining and measuring performance
- The CRAFT of coaching
- Using coaching questions effectively
- Listening skills
- Attentive and active listening
- Active listening
- Responding and giving feedback
- Building trust and credibility
- The GROW model
Putting it into action
- Individual, team and organisational performance
- Developing a coaching culture
- Personal action plans
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Managers employed within the hospitality, tourism and leisure sector – who are directly responsible for managing teams, and their performance within the business
- Managers who want to develop their coaching and mentoring skills, build their confidence and achieve better results through others
- Managers who may be great at most aspects of their job – but just need some help in getting their team to really shine!
Who is this course not for
- Those who work for a business or organisation whose core function does not involve the sales or provision of food, drink, accommodation, travel or leisure related products and services
- Those who may be interested in coaching – but have little or no responsibility for managing others, now or in the future
- Those who are happy with the performance of their managers and teams, and see little opportunity for improvement
Your Course Leader - Dr Hilary Cooke
Hilary is a passionate, experienced and renowned facilitator and developer of people and organisations - and has spent all her career in the hospitality and tourism industry.
A combination of strategy, psychology and business experience helps her to lead individuals, teams and organisations to develop their key strengths -
and to really perform and sparkle!
An NLP Master Practitioner, and one of only 12 Master Facilitators of FIRO Theory in the UK, Hilary holds a PhD in Personnel and Development and MA in Human Resource Strategy, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality.
A highly skilled group facilitator, experienced trainer and executive coach, Hilary is Director for the award-winning Master Innholders Aspiring Leaders Diploma programme, and is approved to deliver awards for the Institute of Leadership and Management - the UK's leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications.