Converting Enquiries into Sales
For frontline teams in hotels and venues
How many special events and meeting room enquiries are lost to the competition each month?
Are you and your team missing opportunities to convert more enquiries into sales?
We help managers and their team members to focus on the professional skills and knowledge that will improve their enquiry handling technique, impress corporate booking agents and develop their confidence to ask for the booking.
• Understanding your product and competitors
• Enquiry handling for effective conversions
• Presenting your product
• Converting the business
• Handling enquiries through agents
• Post event follow-up
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
Visit Liverpool Members – Special Prices!
Visit Liverpool members:
We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £93 +vat, per person per course, is available to members of Visit Liverpool. That’s a saving of £40!
Our normal price:
Our normal price for attending this course is £133 +vat.
10.30am Welcome and introduction
Understanding your product and competitors
- Product knowledge
- Competitor analysis
Enquiry handling for effective conversions
- Building rapport
- Creating a rapport on the phone
- Dealing with e-enquiries and through social media
- Professional questioning techniques
- Getting the right information – by using the right types of questions
- Using call scripts
- Establishing the customers’ needs
- Active listening techniques
- Active and empathetic listening skills
Presenting your product
- Talking features, benefits and USPs
- Perfecting proposals
- The perfect show round – turning show rounds into sales
Converting the business
- Tips and techniques
- Your concession bank – adding value
- Strategy – wish/walk rates
- Cross selling
- Handling objections
- Objections you might come across – and how to handle them
- Dealing with price objections
- Closing the sale
- Recognising buying signals
- The closing techniques available to you
- Follow up calls and chases
Handling enquiries through agents
- Tips on how to tweak all steps of the enquiry process to suit agents
After the event
- Post event evaluation – calls, surveys, meetings
- How to get repeat business
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Those employed in hotels and venues looking to develop their knowledge and skills in converting sales – including sales executives and others with a responsibility for sales, in particular for selling special events and corporate business
- Those responsible for dealing with enquiries – on the phone, by email, face-to-face and through social media
- People who are good with people – but who would welcome some help in converting more sales for the business
Who is this course not for
- Those who work for a business/organisation that does not have a meetings or events venue
- Anyone who has little or no responsibility for sales
- Anyone not open to the idea of embracing new sales approaches and techniques
- Anyone with little or no responsibility for improving the financial performance/sales of the business
Your Course Leader - Becky Leach
Becky has over 23 years' experience working in the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector, including 11 years with Marriott Hotels in sales director, and sales and revenue management roles.
A certified sales trainer with Marriott, she helped establish and directed their Yorkshire cluster event sales office. Becky has also worked with Visit Britain and Leeds Bradford International Airport in sales and marketing roles - and now specialises in delivering training programmes for sales managers and their teams in hotels and meetings and events venues.
Becky has worked with Tourism Growth, in Liverpool and around the country, and has a strong reputation for helping individuals to become more confident in sales – and to achieve better results and increased profits for their businesses.