Holkham Hall, Norfolk
For Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Businesses
Ever wondered why you’re not higher up on Google?
Frustrated your website isn’t giving you the brand presence or direct bookings you feel it should?
Are you working with the best online sales channels for your business?
Discover how to take advantage of the latest online sales opportunities available to you and your tourism business today – and see the results in increased sales and profits!
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
Visit East Anglia Members – Special Prices!
Visit East Anglia members: We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £95 +vat, per person per course, is available to members of Visit East Anglia – and other, local destination management organisations recognised by VEA.
That’s a saving of £40 +vat!
Our normal price:
Our normal price for attending this course is £135 +vat.
10.30am Welcome and introduction
Selling your products and services online
- What’s new – the evolving digital technologies and trends
- The huge growth in online sales
- What customers expect from you today – an excellent online experience
Having an effective website
- First impressions count
- What’s important: being user-friendly, responsive and easy to navigate
- A mobile-friendly website is vital
- Making it easy for people to buy – your ‘call to action’
- Using high quality visuals
Using a Content Management System (CMS)
- Updating your site and adding new content
- Getting customers to subscribe to your services
- Using video to best effect
- Advertising on your website
Online booking and ticketing systems
- The value of an online booking system
- Managing your revenue
- Using online sales channels – and good channel management
- Pre-booking and online payments
12.45pm Lunch Break
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- How to be found online – improving your search ranking
- Managing Google’s services
- Optimising your website
- Using a blog on your website
- Socialising your blog
- Visual storytelling
- Creating a YouTube business account
- Your YouTube channel page
- Branding your YouTube videos
Interacting with your customers
- Sharing content – how often?
- Using a content calendar
- Measuring the results
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at email@example.com or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
***For further information please refer to our Booking Policy.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Owners or managers of tourism, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Sales and marketing executives or managers – directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- In particular, those people responsible for editing, managing and overseeing a website and for winning more business online
- Those whose websites may not be fully geared up for generating the sales the business would like, or requires
- Those who may be considering launching a new site, or updating their current one, and want to get as much out of their investment as possible
- Those who have a website already, and have had experience of using a website for their business
- Please note – all delegates must be directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business, or own a tourism, hospitality or leisure business (where the core function is the provision of food, drink, accommodation, travel or leisure services)
- This is an ‘Experienced Level’ course, i.e. for those who have a website already, and/or have had some experience of using a website for their business
Who is this course not for
- Those who have no control over their business presence online
- Anyone not directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Complete beginners – anyone who has no experience of using a website for their business
- Anyone whose website is fully managed by an external head office or marketing agency – or who does not have the authority to implement new ideas or make changes to content
- Marketing or sales consultants, trainers, designers or agencies
Your Course Leader - David Allen
David has been training and coaching managers, business owners and their teams in the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector for over 25 years.
His specialisms include sales - particularly online sales and marketing, making tourism businesses 'more bookable', social media, reputation management, revenue generation across the business, budgeting, forecasting, cost control, customer service, product standards and team development.
David has a very strong track record and reputation, working with Tourism Growth in East Anglia and around the UK, for helping business owners and managers to drive up sales, productivity and profits.
Hugely popular, David brings great energy to his courses, and is dedicated to ensuring that delegates leave with a wide selection of hints, tips, tools and techniques to use back in their businesses.