For Tourism Businesses – at a Special Subsidised Rate
Your online reputation can directly influence your customers’ purchasing decisions.
Will they choose to spend money with you – or will they choose your competitors instead?
Be proactive – find out how you can take advantage of review websites and social media to really boost sales and profits for your business!
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
Special Price – Please Apply Now
We’re delighted to confirm a preferential, subsidised delegate rate for this course of just £20 + vat is available to tourism businesses.
Please apply now – only a selected number of places is available at this rate!
Our normal price for attending this course is £133 + vat.
Please see more details on how to apply to Welcome to Yorkshire for a place on this course in the ‘Booking Instructions’ section, below.
10.30am Welcome and introduction
The customer is king
- Changing times and changing customers
- The ability and freedom of customers to comment
- The power and range of social media
TripAdvisor and other review sites
- The important role of customer reviews
- The need to manage your brand and reputation
- TripAdvisor – friend or foe?
- Making review sites really work for your business
Monitoring reviews, responses and comments
- Who do consumers trust?
- Negative reviews – an opportunity to learn?
- Positive reviews – an opportunity to promote
- Google alerts
12.45pm Lunch Break
Managing reputation on social media
- Managing your brand and reputation on Facebook
- Ratings and reviews
- Managing your brand and reputation on Twitter, Instagram and Google+
- Engaging with customers through social media
Managing reputation – Online Travel Agents
- Photographs and content
- Managing your reputation on booking.com, LateRooms, Expedia etc
Positive reputation management
- Answering positive and negative reviews
- Best practice for responding
- The landmines – what to avoid
- Encouraging customers to review your business
- Building a positive reputation over time
- Making your business ‘more bookable’
Welcome to Yorkshire and Tourism Growth are offering this course as part of the Cycle England Initiative – for Yorkshire tourism businesses who either attract the leisure cycling market now, or would like to in the future – and/or are close to (within 15 miles of) one of the Cycle England Yorkshire routes*. Funding to subsidise delegates attending is provided by Visit England’s Discover England Fund.
How to Book
Spaces on this course are strictly limited and one place per business may be booked.
There’s a quick, two-stage booking process:
Step 1 – Apply to Welcome to Yorkshire
- You should be attracting the leisure cycling market now, or wish to in the future, and/or
- Your tourism business should be close to (within 15 miles of) one of the Cycle England Yorkshire routes*.
Please apply using the online form at the link here: Apply to Welcome to Yorkshire for a Place on the Course.
Step 2 – Book Your Place
Once you’ve applied, Welcome to Yorkshire will reply to you, confirm whether you’re eligible – and if you are, complete your booking with you. Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
More information is available on the online application form, and on the Welcome to Yorkshire information sheet here.
*The Cycle England Yorkshire Routes are:
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Owners or managers of tourism, hospitality and leisure businesses
- Sales and marketing executives or managers, general managers, operations managers, assistant managers or heads of department – directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Those already using social media well for the business, but who want to take it to the next level – building brand, reputation, engagement and ‘bookability’
- The person responsible for managing customer feedback and replying to posts on review sites such as TripAdvisor
- Those within the business responsible for managing the ‘customer experience’ or ‘guest experience’
- Those sensing gaps around their understanding of how review websites and social media can be used to boost sales for their business
- Please note – all delegates must be directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business, or own a tourism, hospitality or leisure business (where the core function is the provision of food, drink, accommodation, travel or leisure services)
Who is this course not for
- Those who have no control over their business presence online
- Anyone not directly employed by a tourism, hospitality or leisure business
- Those who are closed to seeing how review websites and social media may benefit their business
- Those who may be ‘good at social media’ – but have little or no understanding of the business
- Marketing or sales consultants, trainers or agencies
Your Course Leader - David Allen
David has been training and coaching managers, business owners and their teams in the tourism, hospitality and leisure sector for over 25 years.
His specialisms include sales - particularly online sales and marketing, making tourism businesses 'more bookable', social media, reputation management, revenue generation across the business, budgeting, forecasting, cost control, customer service, product standards and team development.
David has a very strong track record and reputation, working with Tourism Growth in Yorkshire and around the UK, for helping business owners and managers to drive up sales, productivity and profits.
Hugely popular, David brings great energy to his courses, and is dedicated to ensuring that delegates leave with a wide selection of hints, tips, tools and techniques to use back in their businesses.