North Bovey, Devon
Personal Effectiveness for Managers
For Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure Businesses
24 October, 1.45pm:
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS COURSE IS NOW SOLD OUT
Wait List in Operation – Please contact us on 01923 465522 or email email@example.com to join the Wait List.
Current number on the Wait List: 0
Bristol Course, 13 November
We are also running this course on 13 November at The Bristol Harbour Hotel, and we still have availability there. All the information for this course, including booking details, are available via the link here: Personal Effectiveness for Managers | Bristol Harbour Hotel, 13 November
Would you like to be more effective as a manager – and achieve more for yourself and the business in 2020?
Do you sometimes find yourself trying to manage too much, becoming frustrated or simply wishing you could be better at delegating and getting more achieved in a day, week or month?
How you communicate, manage competing demands, get things done through others, manage your manager, influence your peers and lead your team – is all dependent on your personal effectiveness.
This one-day interactive training course aims to help you boost your performance at work – by being more effective in your dealings with others.
This could include becoming more assertive, improving your communication or managing your workload and delegating better. In short – getting more achieved and being more productive!
We’ll be covering some key concepts on the day, as well as exploring a range of practical tips and techniques – focusing on what you can actually do to be more effective back at work.
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am. Lunch will be provided at 12.45pm.
Visit Devon / Visit Cornwall Members – Special Prices!
We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £145 +vat, per person, is available to members of Visit Devon or Visit Cornwall. That’s a saving of £50 +vat!
This special rate also applies to members of Devon Area Tourism Partnerships and Visit Exeter.
10.30am Welcome and introductions
- Overview of the course
- Your personal objectives – what you want to achieve back at work
Introduction to personal effectiveness
- Understanding what it means for you
- Exerting your influence on your job and people around you
- How you communicate with others
- Managing competing demands
The benefits – what you can achieve
- Better planning, organising and time management
- Being more assertive and confident
- Enhanced self-awareness and flexibility
- Improved team development through delegation
- Modelling best practice and being an example to others
Understanding human behaviour
- Knowing how people tick – needs and feelings
- Understanding your own working style – and that of others
- Having empathy and being ’emotionally intelligent’
12.45pm Lunch break
Communication – connecting with others
- How we’re ‘wired’ to speak, listen, think and act differently
- How people communicate – recognising the different types …
- … and knowing how to adapt and respond to them
Managing and resolving conflict
- The causes and symptoms of conflict at work
- Focusing on behaviour not personality
- The skills you need to have – and key strategies you can use
Positive assertive techniques
- What assertiveness is (and what it isn’t)
- The benefits of being assertive
- Some key techniques for becoming more assertive at work
Handling difficult conversations
- When challenging conversations are required
- Instigating the conversation – and handling it with confidence
- Tips, techniques and best practice – helping you make it a success
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
***For further information please refer to our Booking Policy.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Managers employed within the hospitality, tourism and leisure sector – who are directly responsible for managing people and teams, and their performance within the business
- Managers who want to boost their performance, enhance their personal effectiveness, build their confidence and achieve better results through others
- Managers who may be great at most aspects of their job – but just need some help in getting their team to really shine!
Who is this course not for
- Those who work for a business or organisation whose core function does not involve the sales or provision of food, drink, accommodation, travel or leisure related products and services
- Those who have little or no responsibility for managing others, now or in the future
- Those who are happy with the performance of their managers and teams, as well as their own, and see little opportunity for improvement
Your Course Leader - Dr Hilary Cooke
Hilary is an award-winning executive coach, management trainer and facilitator – and tourism, hospitality and leisure sector specialist.
A combination of strategy, psychology and business experience helps her to lead individuals, teams and organisations to develop their key strengths - and to really perform and sparkle!
An NLP Master Practitioner, and one of only a handful of Master Facilitators of FIRO® Theory in the UK, Hilary is a Certified Human Element™ Trainer and Licensed Human Element™ Practitioner. She holds a PhD in Personnel and Development and MA in Human Resource Strategy, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality.
Hilary also runs programmes for the Institute of Leadership and Management – the UK's leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications.