Selling More Meetings and Events
For Hotels and Conference, Meetings and Events Venues
Learn how to win more meeting, conference and event business – in this highly competitive marketplace.
This course will help you to plan your strategy, generate more enquiries and convert a higher percentage of leads.
Discover new opportunities for maximising your revenue and achieving repeat business for the future.
This course starts at 10.30am and finishes at 4.30pm.
Refreshments and networking from 10.15am.
NGI Partners – Special Prices!
NewcastleGateshead Initiative partners:
We’re pleased to confirm that a preferential rate of £89 +vat, per person per course, is available to partners of NewcastleGateshead Initiative. That’s a saving of £40 +vat!
This rate also applies to Northumberland Tourism business partners.
Our normal price:
Our normal price for attending this course is £129 +vat.
10.30am Welcome and introduction
Planning your strategy
- Setting short, medium and long term objectives
- Market research and analysis
- Sales packages for meetings, conferences and events
Your product and facilities
- Your room standards
- Business back-up services
- Catering and accommodation
Generating leads and enquiries
- Identifying and sourcing quality leads
- Using marketing and promotional materials
- Processing the leads effectively
It’s how you communicate
- Making phone calls
- Email, social media, website and SEO
- Visiting current and potential customers
12.45pm Lunch Break
Managing the sales process
- Converting enquiries into sales
- The features, benefits and USPs of your offer
- Successful show rounds and closing the sale
Delivering on the day
- Developing an action plan
- Managing the event professionally
- Delivering on the promise – exceeding customer expectations
The follow up is vital
- Feedback for improved performance
- Recommendations, testimonials and reviews
- The PR opportunities
- Building relationships for future business
- Keeping in contact with your customers
- Securing the repeat business
How to Book
- Click on the Register Now button at the top left of the page
- Choose your ticket and the number required
- Click ‘Register Now’ to place your booking
- Enter your details and payment method (see options below)
- Enter your Promotion Code (if you have one)
Once your booking is complete, you will receive an email with a link to your online invoice and registration details.
Email us at email@example.com or telephone 01923 465522 with the following information:
- Your business name
- Business address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Course name and date
- Promotion Code (if you have one)
- Name and job title (for each delegate attending)
- Bank transfer/online banking
- Credit card
- Debit card
Tourism Growth Ltd
Tourism Growth Ltd
Hertfordshire WD3 1RE
Bank transfer / online banking:
Sort code: 60-17-32
Booking policy (extract):
Your course fee must be paid within 5 working days of making a reservation. Please note that reservations are only regarded as confirmed bookings when full payment has been received.
Who is this for / not for
Who is this course for
- Conference and events managers and co-ordinators in hotels, conference centres and other venues hosting business meetings, conferences, functions and similar events
- Those looking for new approaches and techniques for marketing and selling their meetings and events venue
- Managers wanting to generate and convert more leads and enquiries – and maximise revenues through their team
Who is this course not for
- Those who work for a business or organisation that does not have a meeting, conference or events venue
- Anyone who has little or no responsibility for marketing their venue or improving the sales process
- Anyone who is not open to the idea of embracing new marketing and sales approaches and techniques
- Anyone who has little or no responsibility for improving the financial performance/sales of their venue